All the fused glass pieces and traditional stained glass at number8glass is made by me, Katherine Wilson. I began working with stained glass about 10 years ago and now work full time in my studio in Nottingham.Want to know what I'm up to? Why not subscribe to my monthly newsletter - it has details of new designs and special offers and I promise not to share your information with anyone else! Just complete the form below and then confirm when you receive the email. Thank you.
Most of the glass you will see on this website is fused - this picture shows my kiln loaded and ready for firing - but I also produce traditional stained glass windows and panels, and work in the copper foil technique which allows you to produce delicate and intricate three dimensional items.
My work is now available in the following galleries and shops:
- Bee & Bird, Mapperley, Nottingham - a beautiful gallery and shop which has got a selection of my work including gin stirrers, coasters, cufflinks and bowls
- Southwell Minster Shop , Southwell, the Minster is a wonderful place to visit and it's shop is too! A thoughtfull collection with lots of handmade work including mine.
- Water Street Glass, Lavenham - an amazing gallery which only stocks pieces made from glass. They have a selection of my bowls.
- Baytree Gifts, Nottingham - a lovely West Bridgford shop which stocks my decorations
- Locally Produced For You, West Bridgford - a recently opened shop selling only handmade things from UK makers
- Emily Found a Thing, Wymondham Windmill, Wymondham Leicestershire - an amazing treasure trove of pieces made from broken or disguarded elements
- Itch Gallery, Oakham, this wonderful gallery in the lovely market town of Oakham stocks my flattened bottles